机智的美女
one day, a beautiful woman was walking in the street when a man started following her.有一天,一个美女在街上走着,有一个男人紧跟着她。
the beauty turned around and asked him, "mister, why are you following me?"
美女 回过头来问他:¨这位先生,你为什么跟着我?”
"i have fallen in love with you, " he said. "your beauty is matchless! "the beauty smiled at him and said,
¨我爱上你了¨,他说,¨你真是一位绝代佳人呀!" 美女对他笑了笑说:
"my sister is not far behind. she has big bright eyes. she is more beautiful than i! "
“我的妹妹在我后面,她的眼睛又大又亮, 她可要比我美十倍!"
the man promptly went the opposite way to look for her sister however, he only found a doddering old lady on the road.
这个男人马上转身跑去找她妹妹。然而,他在路上只看见一 个老态龙钟的老太婆。
he spitted and went back to the young beauty.
他恶狠狠地吐了一口唾沫,转身去追那个 美女。
when he had caught up with her, he asked, "why did you cheat me? "
男人追上了美女即问:¨你为什么要骗我?”
"actually, mister, you are the one who has cheated me.
¨不,这位先生,是你骗我。
lf you loved me, you would not go searching for another one " the man felt embarrassed and walked away.
如果你真的爱我,就不会跑去找 别的女人了l” 这个男人羞愧难当,只好走开了。
单词注解
delicacy ['delikəsi]刀.美味佳肴
luxurious [lʌk'zjuəriəs] 口,奢侈的;豪华的
devastate ['devəsteit]口.憔悴的
malnutrition [,mælnju:'triʃən]刀,营养不良
promptly[prɔmptli] 以迅速地;准时地
cheat[ tʃi:t] v欺骗
实用句型
however, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.
但他同时也忧心忡忡,怕她与别的男人跑了。
when he had caught up with her, he asked, "why did you cheat me?n
男人追上了美女即问:¨你为什么要骗我?¨
智慧点津
tne most important thing in our lifs is not material thing but our soul.
在我们生活中,最重要的东西不是物质而是灵魂。
beware研some peopte’s words ofpraise which may not be sincere.
别轻信别人动听的言辞,那很可能不是真的。