欢迎访问安卓范文网!

BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

范文百科 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞

BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

Unit 17 Comparing products and prices 比较产品和价格

KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.
凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。

We didn' t launch at the right time.
我们推出产品的时间不太合适。

I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.
我本人认为市场还不成熟。

Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.
“商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。

EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?
爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?

DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。

EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?

EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.
爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。

Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.
尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。

Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?
你要不要亲自处理?

DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?

EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.
爱德华.格林:他不肯说。

But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.
但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。

He loved the product, though.
不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。

I think he' s ready to negotiate.
我认为他是可以沟通的。

DON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.
堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。

Do you agree?
你同意吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes!
爱德华.格林:同意!

KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?
凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?

Derek wants to show us his latest idea.
德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。

EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.
爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。

DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.
堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。

Come on!
来吧!

KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?
凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?

DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.
德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。

KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.
凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。

DEREK JONES: No, not really.
德里克.琼斯:不,不会。

I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.
我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。

See for yourself.
你们自己看吧。

KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.
凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。

Who' s the market for this?
谁是目标市场?

DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.
德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。

KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.
凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。

There' s no market focus.
没有市场焦点。

Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?
你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?

We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.
我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。

It was great.
产品很不错。

Parents and children could both use it.
家长和孩子们都用。

But could we sell it?
但我们有卖动吗?

No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.
没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。

DEREK JONES: But this is different.
德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。

This is more fun than Easirite.
这个比Easirite还有趣。

DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.
堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。

DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.
德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。

KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.
凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。

The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong
活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。

DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.
德里克.琼斯:我不同意。

DON BRADLEY: Let抯' s just hold on a second and think about this.
堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。

Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.
德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。

KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.
凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。

DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.
堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。

This is much more expensive than anything else we market.
这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。

KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.
凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。

You must see that yourself, Derek.
德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。

DEREK JONES: Well not really...
德里克.琼斯:也不是……

DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?

EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?
爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?

Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?
你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?

DEREK JONES: Exactly.
德里克.琼斯:一点不错。

EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.
爱德华.格林:太好了。
On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.
从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。

DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.
堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。

Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
或许我们该看的得更细些。

DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss.
丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。

He knows I never start my meetings late.
他知道我从不晚开会的。

Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
你要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?

EDWARD GREEN: If it' s alright with you, I' d like to look around.
爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。

DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice.
丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。

DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。

EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me.
爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。

DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。

And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。

They must understand how we work.
他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。

Our success is based upon a certain formula.
我们的成功是有一定的规则的。

Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。

We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record.
我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。

We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them.
我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。

DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil.
丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。

DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here.
堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。

DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don.
丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。

I thought I was meeting you here.
我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。

DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny.
堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。

That was the plan, but I' m going to be late.
本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。

This meeting is taking longer than expected.
这次会议比预期的要长。

DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here?
丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?

DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can.
堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。

Is Edward with you?
爱德华跟你一起吗?

DANNY MCNEIL: He is.
丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。

DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me?
堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?

Edward knows the situation.
爱德华知道情况。

Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?

DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。

DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem.
丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。

EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks.
爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。

DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?

EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.
爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。

DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward.
堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。

I' m stuck in a meeting here.
我还在这边开会。

You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself.
你得自己对付麦克内尔了。

EDWARD GREEN: Oh.
爱德华.格林:哦。

DON BRADLEY: Can you talk?
堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes.
爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。

Do you really want me to negotiate?
你真的想让我谈判?

Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting?
你不能推迟会议吗?

DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it?
堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?

EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。

DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure.
堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。

EDWARD GREEN: I' m not.
爱德华.格林:是不肯定。

DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。

You know the game plan.
你也知我们的计划。

Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can.
尽力去做……我会尽快赶过去。

EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don.
爱德华.格林:好的,堂。

I' ll do what I can. See you later.
我会尽力的。稍后见。

DANNY MCNEIL: Okay?
丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks.
爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。

DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。

Oh well, right, what was I saying?
哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?

Oh yes: discounts.
哦,对了:优惠。

EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts.
爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。

DANNY MCNEIL: You see this?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华.格林:是的。

DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?

EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000.
爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。

DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。

EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for?
爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?

DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。

EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive.
爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。

DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。

That means I operate on smaller margins.
这就意味着我的利润率很低。

And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry.
我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。

But over here--here' s a product that failed.
但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。

We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself.
我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。

Right you' ve seen how our operation works.
好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。

You know what I' m after.
你也知道我想要的是什么。

Let' s get down to business.
我们就公事公办吧。

Would you prefer to talk here or in my office?
你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?

EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine.
爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。

精选图文

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享